November 08, 2006

The ABCs of You and Me

A is for angels who guard day and night
B is for batteries to keep GloWorm bright
C is for Corduroy and colic cured
D is for Dada - your very first word
E is for Elmo (whether I like it or not)
F is your first year - we've all learned a lot
G is your giggle, more precious than gold
H is the heaven your little hugs hold
I is for ice pack and instant relief
J is a jewel-colored early-fall leaf
K is for kicking through puddles and snow
L is for love - and someday, letting go
M is for Mama and melodies sung
N is for "no" at the top of your lungs
O is organization (my ongoing mission)
P is for prayer and pediatrician
Q is for questions and quiet and quest
R is a rascal resisting a rest
S is for silly and sweet and spontaneous
T is I treasure time just for the three of us
U is understanding that unfolds, unexpected
V is Daddy's voice saying, "We've been selected."
W is wonder and wander and wow!
X is for X-ray (headfirst from the stroller somehow)
Y is for you and Yahweh, we've been blessed
Z is your zeal and your unbridled zest!




1 comment:

Aymbr said...

Sally,

I just found your blog. It's great! I don't know how you find time to write and be a mom, but I hope you stick with it. My compliments on your writing style.