March 29, 2007

Little George Jesus

One of the fun things about being a parent is hearing the world through your child's ears.

Two of my favorite sound bites are the morning you asked for cottage cheese and "pie mumble" (pineapple) and the first time you hailed Daddy with "There she is!" (his usual greeting to you).

Yesterday dawned with a new delight, as I heard you sing Brahm's Lullaby as "Apple bite, and good night."

This post would not be complete without mentioning my niece Sam's remake of the classic Christmas carol, Away in the Manger:
"Away in the manger, no crib for his bed.
The little George Jesus lay down his sweet head."

Keep 'em coming!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about My Eyes of Georgia (My Eyes Adored You)

Anonymous said...

I know someone who used to sing "I shot the sheriff... but I did not shoot the death into him" (did not shoot the deputy). The guy's in his 40's now, and I still laugh about it!

Anonymous said...

My kids classic's,(of which I have unfortunately forgot many),
"Swish Swashers" for windshield wipers.
"Mow Lawner" for lawnmower.
"Don't bother me I'm trying to read the 'constructions'" which may be a slyly correct way of actually saying instructions!
"Who are the Packers 'versing'", instead of "playing".
"Who has the comote control"? (TV remote).

I wish I could remember them all.