January 07, 2007

Observations of an 18-month-old Daddy

He's as bewildered by her tantrums as he is by mine.

At some point in every tea party he will build a tower with the refreshments.

If I put her on my lap when we're eating dinner, I'm "spoiling her". If he puts her on his lap when we're eating dinner, he's "spending time with his daughter".

I can't get him to wear a heavy coat and gloves when it's 11 degrees outside, but she decks him out in a pumpkin bib, Mardi Gras beads and a Pooh Bear skull cap, and he can't stop smiling.

I love him more every minute.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a hip daddy. How's he look in a dress?:)

Anonymous said...

Very clever, Sally! I never thought about my age as a parent being the same as the age of my first child. I love your observations.

Karen said...

I love it! I couldn't be a good mom without my husband.