February 01, 2007

Self-reliance

"Good morning, Sunshine. How 'bout a nice, dry diaper to start the day?"
"Self."
"Come on. Mama will help you go down the stairs."
"Self."
"Yes, I'm pouring your milk right now."
"Self."
"It's time to get dressed."
"Self."
"We can go outside after I put your shoes on."
"Self."
"Wait, wait. You need your coat."
"Self."
"That was fun! Let me brush the snow off of you before we go inside."
"Self."
"Are you ready for a story? Sit right here and Mama will read to you."
"Self. Self!"
"How 'bout a---"
"Self."
"I want to---"
"Self."
"We're going to---"
"Self."
"Can I---"
"Self."
"OK, honey, it's time to put your toys away."
"...... Mama do it."




2 comments:

Devin said...

Thanks for giving me a laugh about this. Some days I can't take it! It's like, "go ahead then, do it yourself. I'm going back to bed."

Anonymous said...

Very cute Sally! You keep me going.